The final final final final (ha!) part of my editing process:
- Swept the front of my house and plucked my eyebrows with the notion that if I need to put my best foot forward then I better remove the chipped toenail polish first. (Paranoia setting in: They can see me through my writing, can’t they? See me clear as a picture, I bet….)
- Dusted, consolidated all my piles into one corner, cleaned out the refrigerator, and shaved my legs just in case the paranoia is justified.
- Talked via Skype about writing with Ré Harris of Sparks in Shadow who gave me some fabulous ideas for how to improve my first two chapters (thank you so much, kind friend with the beautiful voice).
- Sent my query letter to Laurel Hermanson who gave it a total makeover (deep gratitude to you, friend-I’ve-never-met.)
- Fidgety and shifty-eyed, with no other messes to clean, I played with a tarot deck and some i ching coins to try to determine the most auspicious day for querying. Because who knows?! And I’ll try anything at this point.
Did you ever receive help from a stranger?
What does your editing process involve?
Are you ever done editing?